Windows Internals, Part 1 : System architecture, processes, threads, memory management, and more
The definitive guide-fully updated for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
Delve inside Windows architecture and internals, and see how core components work behind the scenes. Led by a team of internals experts, this classic guide has been fully updated for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016.
Whether you are a developer or an IT professional, you'll get critical, insider perspectives on how Windows operates. And through hands-on experiments, you'll experience its internal behavior firsthand-knowledge you can apply to improve application design, debugging, system performance, and support.
This book will help you:
* Understand the Window system architecture and its most important entities, such as processes and threads
* Examine how processes manage resources and threads scheduled for execution inside processes
* Observe how Windows manages virtual and physical memory
* Dig into the Windows I/O system and see how device drivers work and integrate with the rest of the system
* Go inside the Windows security model to see how it manages access, auditing, and authorization, and learn about the new mechanisms in Windows 10 and Server 2016